Halton Haven Hospice simply could not survive without the support and generosity we receive from local individuals and groups. Your donations and fundraising efforts make a real difference to the lives of the people we care for.
There are loads of ways that you can get involved and help us raise money. People who fundraise for us are vital in allowing us to care for the local people who need us.
Your own fundraising
Perhaps you’ve always thought about doing a skydive? Or running a half marathon? Would a sponsored silence or shave be more up your street?
Maybe you could hold a coffee morning, pub quiz, cake sale or live music night?
There are so many ways to raise money for the Haven and we will help you no matter what you’re doing! Contact us on 01928 712 728 or email@example.com for a chat about your fundraising efforts and how we can help you help us.
If you are a brave soul who would like to do a skydive to raise money for Halton Haven, please visit our skydive page or contact the Fundraising team on 01928 712 728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a lot of myths about Hospices. And there’s a lot more that happens here than many people think! Telling people about the work we do is a great way dispel these myths, inform people about the Hospice, and show people what their support means to us. We’re always happy to come along to your workplace, school or community group to talk about what we do. Just get in touch on 01928 712 728 or email@example.com to arrange a date.
Schools and colleges
We work closely with local schools across Halton helping with:
- education – by dispelling the myths and preconceptions about what a hospice is and opening people’s eyes to the essential services we provide.
- volunteering – encouraging and enabling young people to be a part of what we do.
- raising funds – many schools and colleges take part in creative fundraising for the Haven. It’s hugely enjoyable for the students and the money raised helps funds our services.
Get in touch for a chat
We’re always happy to help with ideas and do what we can to support your fundraising activities. If you’d like to be involved in any way, or just want a chat about fundraising, give us a shout on 01928 712 728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stuck for ideas on how you can raise money for Halton Haven? Perhaps this list can give you some inspiration!
- Cake sale
- Pub quiz
- Charity car wash
- Office/cubicle decorating competition (usually best held to coincide with holidays or events – Easter, Christmas, Halloween, football World Cup etc)
- Matched giving (can your employer match what you raise?)
- FIFA competition
- Guess the number of sweets in the jar
- Sweepstake (on an upcoming sports event)
- Auction or raffle off a day’s holiday or the best parking space in the car park
- Jail the boss! A member of senior management team is put in jail (or a decorated office if that’s easier) and people donate to keep them in there for longer. This can also be done where people donate to get the manager released – it depends on what you think will work best for your team!
- Packed lunch day. Encourage people to bring a packed lunch and donate what they would have spent on buying their lunch that day
- Sponsored cycle to work
- People bring in items of clothing and you create a small shop in an unused meeting room. People then pay to purchase items (either buy individually priced items, or say that people can take X number of items for Y sum of money)
- Guess the baby. Everyone brings in baby photos and you have to guess who each photo is of. Everyone pays to enter and the winner gets a prize (or a % of entry money, with the rest going to the Haven)
- Non uniform day at school
- Dress down day at work
- Dress up day (instead of a dress down day, everyone gets dressed up in formal wear on a Friday!)
- Talent show
- Spelling bee
- Sponsored silence
- Sports day
- Summer fair
- Sponsored shave / wax
- Get sponsored to give something up – social media, chocolate, alcohol etc
- Virtual challenge (swim the English channel or cycle across America without even leaving the gym!)
- Cycle to work
- Tower climb (get sponsored to run/walk up every flight of stairs of a tall building)
- Summer BBQ
- Strictly Come Dancing