There are lots of ways in which you can help to raise funds for Halton Haven Hospice – and have fun at the same time!
Organise your own event
Organising an event is a great way to raise funds for the hospice. There might be a personal challenge that you’ve wanted to do for ages, or perhaps you’d prefer to organise a social event that benefits the hospice? Almost any event can be turned into a fundraising event – and the ones which are the most fun are usually either a personal challenge or the kind of thing you enjoy anyway. We’re always happy to help publicise your event and to work with you to get the most out of the event. See the list of fundraising ideas at the bottom of this page to get your inspiration!
Telling people about the work we do is a great way to inspire others to help raise funds or get involved as a volunteer. We’re always happy to come along to any workplace or school and talk about what we do and how you can help us.
Schools and colleges
We work closely with local schools across Halton helping with:
- education – by dispelling the myths and preconceptions about what a hospice is and opening people’s eyes to the essential services we provide.
- volunteering – encouraging and enabling young people to be a part of what we do.
- raising funds – many schools and colleges take part in our creative fundraising days; it raises people’s social awareness and helps fund our services.
Get in touch for a chat
We’re always happy to help with ideas and do what we can to support your fundraising activities. If you’d like to help us, why not give the fundraising team a call on 01928 712 728 or email@example.com.
Can you help?
Our fundraising and volunteering team are happy to come to your place of work, community school or college to talk about the work of the hospice and how you can help. For more information on this please contact the hospice on 01928 712 728 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are just a few fundraising ideas which you could do to raise funds for the Haven. Feel free to modify them and make your fundraising activity personal to you!
- Cake sale
- Pub quiz
- Charity car wash
- Office/cubicle decorating competition (usually best held to coincide with holidays or events – Easter, Christmas, Halloween, football World Cup etc)
- Matched giving (can your employer match what you raise?)
- FIFA competition
- Guess the number of sweets in the jar
- Sweepstake (on an upcoming sports event)
- Auction or raffle off a day’s holiday or the best parking space in the car park
- Jail the boss! A member of senior management team is put in jail (or a decorated office if that’s easier) and people donate to keep them in there for longer. This can also be done where people donate to get the manager released – it depends on what you think will work best for your team!
- Packed lunch day. Encourage people to bring a packed lunch and donate what they would have spent on buying their lunch that day
- Sponsored cycle to work
- People bring in items of clothing and you create a small shop in an unused meeting room. People then pay to purchase items (either buy individually priced items, or say that people can take X number of items for Y sum of money)
- Guess the baby. Everyone brings in baby photos and you have to guess who each photo is of. Everyone pays to enter and the winner gets a prize (or a % of entry money, with the rest going to the Haven)
- Non uniform day at school
- Dress down day at work
- Dress up day (instead of a dress down day, everyone gets dressed up in formal wear on a Friday!)
- Talent show
- Spelling bee
- Sponsored silence
- Sports day
- Summer fair
- Sponsored shave / wax
- Get sponsored to give something up – social media, chocolate, alcohol etc
- Virtual challenge (swim the English channel or cycle across America without even leaving the gym!)
- Cycle to work
- Tower climb (get sponsored to run/walk up every flight of stairs of a tall building)
- Summer BBQ
- Strictly Come Dancing